Healthy gum tissue is the foundation for tooth vitality and a beautiful smile. Your smile-line is a combination of the shape and alignment of your teeth and the relationship of your teeth with your gum tissue. A variety of factors may lead to the gum tissue either receding from or encroach upon your teeth. When your gums pull away from your teeth, they create the appearance of long, skeletal teeth and a “toothy” smile. When your gums encroach on your teeth, it can create an effect known as a “gummy” smile, where your teeth appear too short. Laser Gum Reconturing is the latest corrective technique used to achieve a perfect smile.
Laser Gum Recontouring Procedure
The process involves using a powerful dental laser to simply remove any excess tissue and sculpt the remaining gum to the desired shape and size to enhance the appearance of teeth. Precision cutting of the gum tissue can be done using lasers, thus resulting in a more aesthetic appearance. This surgery used to be carried out with a scalpel, which made it a great deal more complicated and precision cutting was not possible.The new laser technology means that recovery times are reduced because blood vessels are cauterized during surgery. The intense heat of the laser also prevents any post-procedural infection occurring and reduces blood loss.
Laser gum contouring is a straight forward and relatively painless procedure offered by most cosmetic dentists. It can usually be performed within an hour and requires no extensive preparation.
Benefits of Laser Gum Treatment
We at Mahindra’s offer laser gum treatment to our patients since they have numerous advantages over traditional techniques such as:
By lasers one can do precise cutting of the hard or soft tissues.
- There is minimal or no bleeding while cutting soft tissues.
- Lasers sterilizes the area operated upon thus reducing chances of infection. In cases where tissues are not infected, there is no need for any antibiotics after laser surgery.
- After laser surgery normally there is minimal or no pain. Thus eliminating the need of pain killers.
- Certain laser dentistry procedures may not require anaesthesia.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.